133] Dialogues [From Previous Exams] [For Secondary Students]
Dialogues 1
Supply the missing parts in the following dialogues:
[00] The Hurghada Beach
Hotel advertised for vacant summer jobs. Kamal who would like to work as a
receptionist is being interviewed by the hotel manager.
Kamal: Good afternoon, sir.
Manager: Good afternoon. What job are you interested in?
Kamal: ………………………………………………….
Manager: Proficiency in English is a must for this job.
…………..
Kamal: No, I haven't. But I was a member of the English
Broadcasting Society at school.
Manager: Good: ......................................
Kamal: I don't mind having long working hours.
Manager: ..................................
Kamal: I'm ready to work in mornings and evenings.
Manager: When would you be able to start?
Kamal: Right away.
[1] Kamal is having an interview for a receptionist’s job.
Kamal: Good afternoon, sir.
Manager: Good afternoon. What job are you
interested in?
Kamal: …………………..
Manager: Proficiency in English is a must for a
receptionist. ………?
Kamal: No. I haven't. But, I'm a member of the
English club at school.
Manager: Good. …………………….?
Kamal: I don't mind having long working hours.
Manager: Good. …………………….?
Kamal: I'm ready to work in morning and
evenings.
Manager: When would you be able to start?
Kamal: Right away.
[2] Azza haven't seen her friend
Laila for long.
Azza: Hello Laila. I haven't seen you for ages. ……………….?
Laila: I have been working in a hospital.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: A nurse. You know I've liked nursing so much
since we were young.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: In fact it is a bit far from my house.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: The salary nurses get is very good. They are very
well-paid.
[3] A tourist is asking about
the way to the Pyramids.
Tourist: Excuse me. Would you please tell me the way to the
Pyramids?
Sherif: ……………………………..
Tourist: ……………………………..?
Sherif: About half an hour. Haven't you been to the Pyramids
before?
Tourist: ………………………………
Sherif: I hope you'll enjoy your first visit in Egypt.
……………………….?
Tourist: At the Sheraton.
Sherif: I wish you good luck.
[4] A tourist is asking about
the way to the Book Fair Exibition.
Tourist: Excuse me, sir. Would you do me a favour?
Passer-by: Yes. ………………………………..…..?
Tourist: I want to go to the Book Fair Exhibition.
Passer-by: Wonderful! ……………………………..?
Tourist: Yes, very much. I read a lot of books on different
fields.
Passer-by: …………………………………………...?
Tourist: Yes, I've read about Naguib Mahfouz, the Nobel
laureate.
Passer-by: Ok. You take this bus to its terminus.
Tourist: Thank you.
Passer-by: ………………………………
[5] Two friends are discussing their
future careers.
Marwa: I would like to join the university when I finish
secondary education this year.
Heba: ……………………………………………..…?
Marwa: I'd like to study medicine.
Heba: Marvellous! ………………………………......?
Marwa: I'll work in my father's clinic.
Heba: I think you can help children and mothers if you work
in the children's hospital in the morning.
Marwa: .....................................
Heba: I wish ...............................
Marwa: Thanks a lot, Heba.
[6] Madam is looking for a gift for her friend.
Shop-assistant: Good morning, Madam. May I help you?
Madam: Good morning. Yes, please. I'm looking
for a gift for a friend.
Shop-assistant: What................................?
Madam: Something not too expensive.
Shop-assistant: ………………………….......?
Madam: Ok. This Pharaonic tray is wonderful.
………………….?
Shop-assistant: It's 150 pounds, Madam.
Madam: Ok. I'll take it. Thank you.
[7] TV Presenter and drugs addict.
TV Presenter: When did you begin to take drugs?
Addict: It began when a friend of mine urged me
to accompany him.
TV Presenter: …………………………….?
Addict: I thought drugs would help me forget my
troubles.
TV Presenter: What effect has addiction on you?
Addict: ……………………......
TV Presenter: Why don't you give up?
Addict: …………………………............
[8] Father is talking with his son.
Father: I've good news for you, Ali, we are
going on a journey.
Ali: ..................................................?
Father: To Alexandria.
Ali: How long will we stay there?
Father: …………………………………
Ali: .....................................................?
Father: By train.
Ali: .......................................................?
Father: We'll go with your uncle's family.
[9] Official and Kamal about his stay in London.
Official: Can I help you, sir?
Kamal: Yes, please. I'd like to extend my stay
in London.
Official: ........................................?
Kamal: Actually, I couldn't enjoy my short stay
and I want to look for a job.
Official: ..........................................?
Kamal: A pen-friend invited me.
Official: You're welcome. .................?
Kamal: I want to stay here for another three
months.
Official: You have to fill…………………………….
Kamal: Ok. Thanks a lot.
[00] The Hurghada Beach
Hotel advertised for vacant summer jobs. Kamal who would like to work as a
receptionist is being interviewed by the hotel manager.
Kamal: Good afternoon, sir.
Manager: Good afternoon. What job are you interested in?
Kamal: ………………………………………………….
Manager: Proficiency in English is a must for this job.
…………..
Kamal: No, I haven't. But I was a member of the English
Broadcasting Society at school.
Manager: Good: ......................................
Kamal: I don't mind having long working hours.
Manager: ..................................
Kamal: I'm ready to work in mornings and evenings.
Manager: When would you be able to start?
Kamal: Right away.
[1] Kamal is having an interview for a receptionist’s job.
Kamal: Good afternoon, sir.
Manager: Good afternoon. What job are you
interested in?
Kamal: …………………..
Manager: Proficiency in English is a must for a
receptionist. ………?
Kamal: No. I haven't. But, I'm a member of the
English club at school.
Manager: Good. …………………….?
Kamal: I don't mind having long working hours.
Manager: Good. …………………….?
Kamal: I'm ready to work in morning and
evenings.
Manager: When would you be able to start?
Kamal: Right away.
[2] Azza haven't seen her friend
Laila for long.
Azza: Hello Laila. I haven't seen you for ages. ……………….?
Laila: I have been working in a hospital.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: A nurse. You know I've liked nursing so much
since we were young.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: In fact it is a bit far from my house.
Azza: ……………………………….....?
Laila: The salary nurses get is very good. They are very
well-paid.
[3] A tourist is asking about
the way to the Pyramids.
Tourist: Excuse me. Would you please tell me the way to the
Pyramids?
Sherif: ……………………………..
Tourist: ……………………………..?
Sherif: About half an hour. Haven't you been to the Pyramids
before?
Tourist: ………………………………
Sherif: I hope you'll enjoy your first visit in Egypt.
……………………….?
Tourist: At the Sheraton.
Sherif: I wish you good luck.
[4] A tourist is asking about
the way to the Book Fair Exibition.
Tourist: Excuse me, sir. Would you do me a favour?
Passer-by: Yes. ………………………………..…..?
Tourist: I want to go to the Book Fair Exhibition.
Passer-by: Wonderful! ……………………………..?
Tourist: Yes, very much. I read a lot of books on different
fields.
Passer-by: …………………………………………...?
Tourist: Yes, I've read about Naguib Mahfouz, the Nobel
laureate.
Passer-by: Ok. You take this bus to its terminus.
Tourist: Thank you.
Passer-by: ………………………………
[5] Two friends are discussing their
future careers.
Marwa: I would like to join the university when I finish
secondary education this year.
Heba: ……………………………………………..…?
Marwa: I'd like to study medicine.
Heba: Marvellous! ………………………………......?
Marwa: I'll work in my father's clinic.
Heba: I think you can help children and mothers if you work
in the children's hospital in the morning.
Marwa: .....................................
Heba: I wish ...............................
Marwa: Thanks a lot, Heba.
[6] Madam is looking for a gift for her friend.
Shop-assistant: Good morning, Madam. May I help you?
Madam: Good morning. Yes, please. I'm looking
for a gift for a friend.
Shop-assistant: What................................?
Madam: Something not too expensive.
Shop-assistant: ………………………….......?
Madam: Ok. This Pharaonic tray is wonderful.
………………….?
Shop-assistant: It's 150 pounds, Madam.
Madam: Ok. I'll take it. Thank you.
[7] TV Presenter and drugs addict.
TV Presenter: When did you begin to take drugs?
Addict: It began when a friend of mine urged me
to accompany him.
TV Presenter: …………………………….?
Addict: I thought drugs would help me forget my
troubles.
TV Presenter: What effect has addiction on you?
Addict: ……………………......
TV Presenter: Why don't you give up?
Addict: …………………………............
[8] Father is talking with his son.
Father: I've good news for you, Ali, we are
going on a journey.
Ali: ..................................................?
Father: To Alexandria.
Ali: How long will we stay there?
Father: …………………………………
Ali: .....................................................?
Father: By train.
Ali: .......................................................?
Father: We'll go with your uncle's family.
[9] Official and Kamal about his stay in London.
Official: Can I help you, sir?
Kamal: Yes, please. I'd like to extend my stay
in London.
Official: ........................................?
Kamal: Actually, I couldn't enjoy my short stay
and I want to look for a job.
Official: ..........................................?
Kamal: A pen-friend invited me.
Official: You're welcome. .................?
Kamal: I want to stay here for another three
months.
Official: You have to fill…………………………….
Kamal: Ok. Thanks a lot.

Comments
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment.